Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Dreams..


I had always been dreaming that I would quit my job and welcome him with snacks and tea when he is back from school…

I wish I had done that when he was born so I would have spent more time with him by now…

I dreamt of seeing him happily announce his 10th and 12th-grade marks…

I dreamt of guiding him to the college to pursue his ambition…

I dreamt of taking a ride in his bike sitting behind him with fear yet holding his shoulder with pride…

I dreamt of admiring him with spikes, as a hippy, trendy, and stylish as he grew…

I dreamt of helping him with recipes when he would be in hostel trying to cook for him…

I dreamt of watching him receive his degree on his graduation day…

I dreamt of capturing a picture while he & his friends would throw their graduation caps up in the air…

I dreamt of the day he gets an offer for a job…

I dreamt of rejoicing the moment he would get his first paycheck…

I dreamt that he would open his car door for me to sit beside him and that I would wave to our neighbors…

I dreamt of the day he would sign for his first acting role…

I dreamt of seeing him on the television acting in different roles…

I dreamt of watching him on the big screen sitting with strangers, who would whistle and applaud when he appears for the first time…

I dreamt of listening to him sing his favorite song during our moonlight dinners…

I dreamt of twisting his ears upon finding out that he has fallen in love…

I dreamt of conveying and convincing his daddy to let him marry the one he loves…

I dreamt of seeing him blush when we would tease him with his fiancĂ©…

I dreamt of making a list of ‘things to do’ and people to invite for his wedding…

I dreamt of blessing him with all my heart when he would fall at our feet with his wife…

I dreamt of telling his wife about all his childhood pranks…

I dreamt of that moment when he would tell me that he is soon going to be a dad…

I dreamt of that day when I would hold my grandchild in my arms, and quietly check what is it…a boy or a girl?!…

I dreamt of announcing to the world that I am a proud grandma…

I dreamt of the day when my grandchild would call me ‘Paati’

I dreamt of hugging him every now and then with my head on his chest and tell ‘I love you, son’…

I dreamt of leaning over his shoulder whenever I would be in blue…

I dreamt of holding his hand while my knees would no longer balance my weight…

I dreamt of dying in his arms with a drop of his tears falling on my cheek…

I wish he was there to make my dreams come true…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tepy Keev (Stephanie Adler)

On July 28th, 2016 we found each other through a post on the Facebook UDEM group. These were your words, “it's nice to "meet" ...